Porto Rotondo boasts a traditional gastronomic culture that has been handed down from generation to generation and has marked rural origins. Generally, it includes simple dishes with a typically Mediterranean taste, which emphasize the authentic flavours of the territory and the sea.
The proposals are varied and satisfy palates with different tastes, but there are some typical dishes that should not miss in the list of delicacies to enjoy on holiday:
- Sardinian porceddu
- fregola and bottarga;
- gallurese soup;
- indattari olbiesi;
- stuffed squid and cuttlefish;
- lobster from the Gulf of Aranci;
- spaghetti with sea urchins or bottarga;
- lamb in coat;
- cold cuts and Sardinian cheese;
- all fish and shellfish dishes;
- seadas (typical dessert with honey and lemon).
In any restaurant in Porto Rotondo it is possible to ask for dishes based on fish from the Tyrrhenian Sea and meat from animals raised through the flourishing agro-pastoral activity of the island, all prepared with 0 km products and raw materials of the highest quality.